Monday, April 4, 2011

Week Ending April 3

Mon.  March 28 - Day off.  Still resting my foot.  Started to feel better.

Tues. March 29 - 3 miles in 23 min (7:40 pace).  I got out late after work which I don't typically do since I usually feel like crap when I try to run after work.  I thought a few miles just to test the foot seemed like a good idea.  The foot felt fine, so I decided to resort to our old college mentality that if something doesn't actually hurt while you are running, then you aren't really that injured.  We'll see how that works out.

Wed. March 30 - 9 miles in 70 min (7:46 pace).  Met Patrick for a lunchtime run in the prairie.  We got to deal with some cold wind coming back into town, but my foot didn't hurt too bad after the longer run, so I am not too concerned about it.

The big event of Wednesday was Murder By Death coming to Laramie for a free show.  It was only the second time they had ever played in Wyoming, and holy hell, was it a great show.  There was no opener, so they played a longer set full of amazing songs.  I was worried about the turnout before the show, but apparently we did a decent job promoting it since we estimated somewhere between 400-500 people came to see at least some of the show.  That's a pretty dang good turnout for an indie band in Laramie, Wyoming.

Murder By Death
I'm singing like a dope, Patrick's keeping it real with his Don Quixote mustache.

Adam rocking out.
 "Sarah's smiling!"

Matt rocking the bass.
Dagan and Adam

"Praise Murder By Death!"
Intense!
Thurs. March 31 - Day off.  I let the proclivities of the night before get to me.  We were out at the Library Bar until almost 2 a.m.  Matt and Dagan came out for drinks, so I thought trying to party like seasoned rock stars was a good idea.  It was a mistake.  So, no run for me.  

Fri. April 1 - 5.5 miles.  Form workout with Coach Sanchez.  As I did last week, I did 8 x 180m lap with half-lap jog rest, both in 35 sec.  I got excited and ran the first one in 31 sec, paid for it as I struggled to hold 35 sec pace on the next few, and then finished strong with a 30 sec last rep.  We went out for a little longer cool down, and Patrick tried to fuck-up his ankle, but he seems to be fine.

Sat. April 2 - 11 miles in 86 min (7:49 pace). I went south to the Red Mountain Open Space in Colorado.  It was in the high 60s when we got there, which is the warmest weather I've run in all year.  It got to me a bit (gotta love Laramie; high 60s are freaking hot).  I ran the Sinking Sun trail out to the Cheyenne Rim trail which took me into the Soapstone Prairie Natural Area, and then up a canyon to the Big Hole Open Space in Wyoming.  Ran back in on the Ruby Wash trail which wound through an old red rock canyon.  The wind picked up the last 20 minutes and teamed up with the heat to make me wilt a little at the end.  Otherwise, great run in a fantastic area.  I will be running here more in the future.

Sun. April 3 - 3 miles in 25 min (8:20 pace).  I got out about midday to enjoy a howling north wind, below-freezing temps, and snow on the ground.  Typical spring weather in Wyoming.  I went out for a quick run to loosen up and work out some of the crud I built up on yesterday's trail run.  

Totals:
Week's Miles: 32
Running Time: 3:59
Calories Burned: ~3,724

March Miles: 111
April Miles: 20
Year to Date: 246
Gear: Asics Speedstar 4 (189 miles), New Balance 100 Trail (171 miles)

No comments:

Post a Comment