Tuesday, March 29, 2011

week Ending March 27

Mon. March 21 - Day off.  Probably could have still found time to run, and considering how beautiful a day it was, I really have no excuse for not getting in a few miles.

Tues. March 22 - Day off.  Laziness.  I suck at this.


Wed. March 23 - 6 miles in 47 min (7:40 pace).  Met Jeff and Patrick for a lunchtime run on the Greenbelt.  It was a little windy and chilly, but otherwise it wasn't too bad.  I didn't feel particularly good or particularly bad.

Thurs. March 24 - 9 miles in 68 min (7:33 pace).  It looked like the weather might not cooperate, but I caught a small window when the wind died down and the sun came out and warmed things up.  I was able to get out to the fenceline in the east prairie.  The 30 min or so back into town and eventually home were wonderful.  Felt absolutely fantastic.

Fri. March 25 - 5 miles.  Form workout with Coach Sanchez.  I went up to 8 x one lap with half lap rest.  Hit even 35 sec reps with a 31 dropped on number 8 for good measure.  I don't open it up very often anymore, so it felt good to have a little speed.  

Sat. March 26 - I wanted to get a longer run in, but I got distracted by painting the bedroom, and I started to have some pain in my foot this week that really started hurting significantly this day.  After some research, my suspicions were confirmed; I'm pretty sure I have some tendinitis in the tendon that connects my left big toe with my cuneiforms over the top of my foot.  Kind of annoying considering I was starting to feel pretty good this week.

Sun. March 27 - Day off.  Decided to rest the foot and not run the Jackalope 5K.  Figures.  

Seems like the last few times I've gotten back into this thing, I get a decent month in and then something gets hurt.  For once my achilles aren't bothering me, but this tendinitis in my foot thing pisses me off.  I guess all I can do is get out there and run.  Oh, but winter decided to return and it's snowing again.  Fantastic.

Totals:
Week's Miles: 20
Running Time: 2:45
Calories Burned: ~2,276

March Miles: 105
Year to Date: 220

Gear: Asics Speedstar 4 (168 miles)

1 comment:

  1. Consider doing more active recovery after your runs. Things like icing, massages, hot tub (if you have access to one), foam roller over sore muscles, etc...

    Even some light weights if you have time for it. All of this might sound like a waste of time but we're all one injury away from being shelved.

    hope your foot feels better soon!

    Sid

    ReplyDelete