Monday, March 14, 2011

Week Ending March 13

Mon. March 7 - Day Off.  After the good weekend, I was feeling a little sore and I have decided to take a day off a week on either Monday or Wednesday.  I chose Monday, though I would also end up not running Wednesday.

Tues. March 8 - 6 miles in 44 min (7:19 pace).  Ran with Martisius in the morning.  We ended up not doing all the extra hills originally planned since I was still a little tired and sore and he decided that with a marathon coming up on the weekend that maybe it was a good idea to take it easy.  And so we did.

Wed. March 9 - Day off.  This was not intentional.  Though now I'm not sure why I didn't run.  I did start to come down with a cold this day.  Still fighting that a little.

Thurs. March 10 - A.M. 3.5 miles in 29 min (8:17 pace).  I wanted to get out for a few miles to loosen up a bit before the Pub Run in the evening.  Martisius ran with me then continued for more on his own.  Didn't feel particularly good on this run.  I was operating on about 4 hours of sleep and a lot of stress.

P.M. 5 miles in 41 min (8:19 pace).  Joined the Pub Run ranks (for some inexplicable reason I had never done a pub run) for some running and drinking.  Got some strange looks from the other patrons at the bars.  One guy asked if our drinking club had a running problem to which I responded, "yes."  We met at the Alibi, took a long loop to Mulligan's, ran up 3rd St. to the Ranger (shuffleboard!), then crossed the viaduct to Bud's Bar in west Laramie.  Finished the festivities with dinner at Lovejoy's.  It was a fun way to get in some miles, socialize, and take my mind off other crap going on.

Fri. March 11 - 4 miles in ~ 28 min.  Form workout with Coach Sanchez at the fieldhouse.  Coach wanted me to do 6 x one lap with half lap jog rest; the one laps in 30-32 sec. and the jog rest in 35 sec.  I did pretty much the opposite.  I haven't run fast like that in so long that I have no concept of pace anymore.  I started out thinking I was running pretty fast, but was only hitting 35-36 sec on the laps.  So I picked it up, but was still only at 34 sec.  So, I picked it up again and was finally able to hit 31 sec on the last one.  My rest was all done in about 30 sec.  I just couldn't slow down anymore.  Oh well, we'll get there.  And I felt really good after.

Sat. March 12 - Day off.  Again, I had wanted to do 4-6 easy miles, but I got a little sicker on Friday and I went to Cheyenne to spend the weekend with my parents.  So, I slept in and then decided I needed to run errands, then I decided a nap sounded like a better option than a run.  So, no run.  The left achilles was a little touchy this day for some reason, and as I've said, right now my focus is to stay healthy.  If I miss out on five miles, so be it.  I'd rather be able to run later.

Sun. March 13 - 9 miles in 65 min (7:13 pace).  I ran one of my old favorite routes in Cheyenne; down around both parks (Lion's and Frontier), then down around the state capital and back.  I wanted to do 10 or 11 miles, but the wind picked up (as it always does) and I decided I didn't want to fight it just to get in an extra mile or two.  Fighting the wind like that is a great way to do something like strain your achilles.  Not worth it.  Fighting the wind for 9 miles is the same effort-wise to running 10 or 11 anyway. 

Totals
Week's Miles: 28
Running Time: 3hrs 27min
Calories burned: ~3,226

March's Miles: 52
Year to Date: 167

Gear: Asics Speedstar 4 (133 miles)

No comments:

Post a Comment