Thursday, March 24, 2011

Week Ending March 20

Mon. March 14 - 4 miles in 29 min (7:15 pace).  I was in Cheyenne for the weekend and took my truck into Auto Electric for an oil change/general maintenance.  I decided an easy run from my parents' house to the shop to pick up the truck would be a good idea.  It was.  This marked the first t-shirt run of the year!

Tues. March 15 - 6 miles in  47 min (7:49 pace).  I went south then west to the new Soapstone Prairie Natural Area that is owned by the City of Fort Collins.  It is out in the middle of freakin' nowhere which, of course, is exactly what I was looking for.  No one around, beautiful day, another t-shirt run, and open, clear trails were much needed.  I'm going to be running here more often.

Wed. March 16 - Day off.

Thurs. March 17 - Day off because I am lazy.  Really should have gone out.

Fri. March 18 - 5 miles.  Form workout with Coach Sanchez.  I ran an extra mile worth of warm-up before getting to work.  Main workout was 6 x one lappers in 35 sec. with 35 sec half-lap jog rest.  Felt good and loose.  Next Friday we will bump it up to 8 reps.

Sat. March 19 - 12 miles in 1:30 (7:30 pace).  Hitched a ride with Nate and Tina down to the Blue Sky trail around Horsetooth in Fort Collins.  I really want to get one long trail run in a week.  Blue Sky was exactly what I was looking for.  Turned into a beautiful day, Sid provided good company for the first five miles, and I felt strong and fast for the whole run.  Great weather; great day.

Sun. March 20 - Day off.  I wanted to get out for a couple miles, but between not sleeping well while camping, getting packed and back to Laramie, and being really sore from the trail run the day before, I decided to be lazy.  I really have to get that out of my system. 

Totals:
Week's Mileage: 27
Running Time: 3:35
Calories burned: ~3,249

March's Miles: 85
Year to Date: 200

Gear: Asics Speedstar 4 (154 miles), New Balance 100 Trail (160 miles)

No comments:

Post a Comment