Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Week Ending April 24

Mon. April 18 - Day off.  Pretty sleep deprived from the weekend in Fruita.

Tues. April 19 - 8 miles in 62 min (7:45 pace).  I ran earlier in the morning in an attempt to avoid the wind that was forecasted in the afternoon.  I felt pretty sluggish.  I wanted to maybe get in 9 miles, but settled for 8 and some more rest.

Wed. April 20 - 7 miles in 48 min (6:52 pace).  Hospital hill repeats.  4 x 600m climbs with 700m jog rest.  It was a strange day Wednesday; there was NO wind.  It actually threw me off a little.  I popped the first two hills in 2:05 and 2:06, which was too fast since I dropped to 2:09 and 2:14 for the last two.  I'm too accustomed to running into the wind that when that resistance wasn't there, I took off too fast.  I would have liked more consistency with this workout; averaging 2:08 or 2:09 would have been better.  However, one plus was my rest times were significantly shorter than the same workout the week before.  I was jogging the rests in 3:40-3:50; today I was doing them in about 3:25.  That's usually a good sign.

Thurs. April 21 - 8 miles in 62 min (7:45 pace).  Lunchtime run with Patrick.  Our old friend the wind showed up for us.  I was pretty tired and sluggish on this run.

Fri. April 22 - 3 miles.  Quick and simple form workout at the fieldhouse with Coach Sanchez.  I did 6 x one lap with half lap jog.  I didn't time the laps today; just ran easy with a focus on form and loosening up a bit.  This is actually pretty similar to the pre-race workouts we used to do before XC races in college.

Sat. April 23 - 16 miles in 2:20:51 (9:00 pace).  Cheyenne Mountain 25K trail race in Colorado Springs, CO.  I detailed this race in the previous post.  Tough course; 9th overall.

Sun. April 24 - Day off.  Pretty dang sore from the race.

Totals:
Week's Miles: 42
Running Time: 5:33
Calories Burned: ~ 5,032

April's Miles: 137
Year to Date: 362


Gear: Asics Speedstar 4 (282 miles), New Balance Trail 100 (196 miles)

No comments:

Post a Comment