Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Week Ending April 10

Mon. April 4 - Day off.

Tues. April 5 - 8.5 miles in 64 min (7:31 pace).  On another windy spring day in Wyoming, I once again lucked out and caught the window around mid-day when the wind died down a little.  I spent the first 20-25 minutes of this run feeling a little sluggish, only to loosen up and feel great on the last half coming back into town from a nice loop in the prairie.  The most exciting thing was the lack of pain in my foot.  I think it is finally working itself out.

Wed. April 6 - 6 miles in 44 min (7:34 pace).  I decided it was time to incorporate a weekly hill workout, so I warmed-up to Ivinson Hospital to run repeats on the hills there.  The course is as follows: start up Joanna Brunner road from 30th St., then jog-rest coming down Willet to 30th, back to Joanna Brunner for another rep.  The climb is approximately 600m with the rest being approximately 700m, making a 1300m loop.  I started out a little sluggish having been cooped up in the office all day, but found a groove and ended well.  I did four climbs in 2:22, 2:15, 2:18, and 2:16 with rests ranging between 3:15 and 3:40.  Then, an easy jog home.

Thurs. April 7 - 9 miles in 68 min (7:33 pace).  I met Patrick for a lunchtime run out in the prairie.  I felt surprisingly good considering the hill workout the day before.  I also had no foot pain for the third day in a row.  Dare I say, things are coming together.

Fri. April 8 - 3 miles in 21 min (7:00 pace).  Form workout with Sanchez.  I once again did 8 x one lap with half-lap jog in 35 sec each.  Felt a little tired today; not as crisp as I felt last week.  Still got the work in; decided to take it easy on the cool down afterwards.

Sat. April 9 - 12 miles in 94 min (7:55 pace).  Went out for a long run in the prairie on a beautiful Saturday morning.  Stopped by the UW track on my way home to run a mile with Josh on his 100-mile odyssey for Run Josh Run to raise money for Engineers Without Borders so they can go to Kenya and help build the infrastructure to provide people with clean water.  Good cause!

Sun. April 10 - Day off.

Totals:
Week's Miles: 39
Running Time: 4:51
Calories Burned: ~4,410

April Miles: 58
Year to Date: 284

Gear: Asics Speedstar 4 (227 miles)

No comments:

Post a Comment