Saturday, July 9, 2011

Week Ending July 3

A little late with this one.  Been a busy, stupid week.

Mon. June 27 - Day off.

Tues. June 28 - 7 miles in 48 min (6:51 pace).  I met Dr. Dan at the Laramie High track for an interval session.  Program was 5x1000m; objective was to hit them in 3:30-3:40 with a 3min jog rest between reps.  Dan lead the first three in 3:36, 3:30, 3:29.  I took over for the last two and hit 3:30 and came home in 3:24.  I let loose a little on the last 200m or so of the last one; I was feeling pretty good!  We ended up doing 400m rests in around 2:30.  I was very pleased with this workout, and look forward to doing some more with Dr. Dan.

Wed. June 29 - 8 miles in 60 min (7:30 pace).  My allergies woke me up at 5am, so I trucked up the hill for some trail miles before going to work for the day.  Hit up Pole Creek, up Blackjack to Alder to Lower UW, out on Summit, down Haunted Forest, and in on Pole Creek.  Ran into a herd of cattle on Pole Creek that were doing nothing but being in the way and destroying the forest.  Federal land leases, especially in a NATIONAL FOREST, suck big time.

Thurs. June 30 - 11 miles in 1:26 (7:49 pace).  Met Jeff and Patrick for a lunchtime long run.  The morning overcast cleared and it got a little warm for my tastes.  Wind picked up big time as we were coming back into town.  Otherwise, I felt pretty good on the power line climb and pretty good on the descent back into town.

Fri. July 1 - 5 miles in 36 min (7:15 pace).  I ran to the UW track and did 10x100m barefoot strides on the infield.  Jeff showed up and we ran a couple extra miles after.  Nice, easy, shake-out workout.


Sat. July 2 - 16 miles in 2:24 (9:00 pace).  I met Jeff and Brian at the Summit trailhead at 8am for some miles before the rest of the WARTS came up at 9.  The three of us hit up Lower UW, Alder, Pole Creek, Aspen, Haunted Forest, and Super Secret (first time for me on that trail; climbing it was tough!), and back to the trailhead on Summit.  We met the rest of the gang, Alec, Patrick, Johnna, Josh, and Sandra for an adventure on Double Black Diamond.  That trail runs the spine of the Pole Mountain Massif, close to 9000ft.  It also involves some bushwhacking and route-finding since it's not an often used trail.  After a pretty gnarly descent down to Headquarters Road, Jeff, Johnna, Brian, Sandra and I decided to head back in on Headquarters Trail.  Started to get pretty tired by the end of this one, but that was the point.  It was a great run with great people!


That evening we had a WARTS potluck at Jeff and Johnna's.  Included was the infamous "Flaming WART" a vile concoction thought up and made by masochistic people.  Not sure I'm at liberty to share the recipe, but if anyone is interested, email me and I may divulge.  You have to thrash yourself on the trails first, though.


Sun. July 3 - Day off.  I had set up the rest of the week in order to take today easy, and I had planned about four miles in order to get me to 51 for the week.  However, after sleeping in, doing laundry, and driving to Cheyenne for dinner, I decided that I wasn't going to lose any sleep over four measly miles.  One of the things I'm trying this time around is to be less OCD about getting in miles.  Those four miles aren't really going to make a difference.  Kicking it with the fam was more important.


Totals:
Week's Miles: 47
Running Time: 6:23


June's Miles: 181
July's Miles: 21
Year to Date: 706


Gear: Asics Speedstar 4 (retired at 445 miles), New Balance Trail 100 (335 miles), Asics Speedstar 5 (5 miles)

No comments:

Post a Comment