Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Week Ending July 10 - Sick and Tired

This week was rather unimpressive.  After a couple of really solid weeks, I came down with something on Monday that knocked me on my butt for the better part of four days.  I'm not sure what it was, but it involved being extremely exhausted, achy, sore, crampy, and generally sluggish and useless.  I didn't perk up until Thursday evening.  After talking to others about it, it seems like this is something that occasionally goes around my office, and I was not the only person feeling sick last week.  Dr. Dan was out of commission last week with some stomach crud as well.  So, that said, running last week was pathetic.  I got in 13 total miles: a five mile trail run on Friday afternoon and a decent, enjoyable, but very easy 8 mile trail run with Patrick on Saturday morning. 

This sickness also caused me to have to scratch the Wild Iris Mountain Run in Lander.  I was a little disappointed about that, but it did mean I saved a little money (putting gas in my pick-up is becoming very costly this summer), and it allowed me to have the nice run with Patrick and attend the Laramie Brewfest downtown Saturday afternoon.  That was very fun. 

That said, the objective this week is to get going again.  Tonight, I start with 3x1600m repeats with Dr. Dan.  That should be fun after not running last week.

Totals:
Week's Miles: 13
Running Time: 1:46

July's Miles: 34
Year to Date: 719

No comments:

Post a Comment