Thursday, May 29, 2014

Grand Teton NP and an Easy Week

I did not recover well last week from the mileage I had done the previous weeks.  I'm not really sure why.  I put in 31 miles by last Thursday and then decided some hiking over the weekend was as ambitious as I felt like being.  My run Thursday night along the Canyons trail at Curt Gowdy was particularly blah.  I had nothing in my legs.  And I picked up a couple ticks to boot.  Ticks are the worst.

I took off Friday for a rendezvous with Elizabeth in Grand Teton National Park.  While those mountains, as usual, were stunning, seeing her overshadowed the brilliant peaks.  Every moment with her is amazing.  I am forever gone over her.  Gone over the moon.  Gone head-over-heels.  Gone, man, gone.

Taggart Lake and Grand Teton.


Altar inside the Chapel of the Transfiguration.  I don't hold any specific religious beliefs, but I can understand having a spiritual experience in a place like this.
Sunset at Jenny Lake.

Teewinot and Jenny Lake.
Hidden Falls.
Los osos grises near Jackson Lake.
Teton Range, Wyoming.
I'm putting in a few miles this week and next, including a planned 24-mile run this Sunday.  Pilot Hill is next Saturday, and a warm-up and cool down around the race will give me 20+ for the day.  Then it's taper time for Bighorn.  The hay is in the barn.

No comments:

Post a Comment