Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Guess what I did last week...

NOTHING!!!!!

I got sick last week (thanks, Trudge!) and didn't run.  Then I got really anxious about things for no reason (and felt like I couldn't breathe).  Then I drove to Boise and hung out with the Knights, attended the NCAA indoor track championships, went to some hot springs with some naked people, ate a bunch of food, then drove back. 

I'm still not in a good mood...

What the hell?

And, surprise, it's warm out (finally!) but the wind is howling. 

I'm just going to bitch about everything...RIGHT NOW!

My parents close on their new house today (in fact, they are doing it as I write this), and they are signing off on an offer on the old place today as well.  Seriously, they put the house on the market on Thursday and they have an acceptable offer in three days.  I didn't think that kind of thing actually happened.  Good for them.

How does this affect me, other than requiring my packing prowess and hulk-like strength to help them move?  I guess at the bottom of it all, I'm a little sad about it.  It's a good move for them.  A newer house in a better location with a heck of a lot more functional and usable space.  This will more than likely be the last house they ever buy.  And it's not like I "grew up" in the old place.  I was 15 when we moved in there.  While we didn't move around as much as other military families, that house was the one we had, by far, been in the longest.  While I have been out of the house for most of those 14 years, I don't know...it was always home.  I guess I'm just a little sad about that.

I'm coming up on my 29th birthday this summer.  I feel like I am terrible at being an adult.  I thought I was making some strides toward being better at it, but my anxiety the last couple of weeks makes me question that.  And seriously, what do I really have to be so anxious about?  I'm such a bad adult that I don't have any real responsibilies outside of work.  I don't have a significant other, or kids, or pets and the only thing I own is Chuck the Truck (which is broken again, awesome).  Which is good, since I'm not particularly well-versed at taking care of myself. 

I can't even write a thesis for pete's sake.  Seriously, it's just another paper.  Just sit down and write it!  I believe I should be intelligent enough to do that.  Though I wonder about that sometimes, too.  Turns out, I may not have the greatest self-confidence in the world.  Or perhaps I simply lack a backbone.

Also received word today of another stark reminder of the helpless mortality we all face.  Jesus man, I really have to wonder why sometimes.

I realize I am being overdramatic.  That's always been most of my problem.  With consideration to the rest of the world, I'll shut up.  I mean, I'm going to complain about what should be, on paper, a pretty worry free life?  How self-absorbed am I?  Welcome to the pity party.

I just need to calm the hell down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment