Monday, February 20, 2012

Week Ending February 19

Had a pretty darn good week.  I seem to have recovered a bit from whatever was ailing me, and I was able to get in some good, solid miles.  Other than that, I've been doing this, that, and the other thing during the week.  My parents bought a new house, and I've been helping them out on the weekends with getting the old one ready to put on the market.  This weekend saw me ripping up carpet, patching dry wall, and painting a utility room.  That, along with my Sunday long run, has made me a sore lad this Monday morning.

We had our first High Plains Harriers committee meeting last night.  I think we have a lot of good things planned out and lined up.  It should be great year for HPH events (September in particular is going to be frenetic), and I think we have some good ideas in place for promoting the club that will hopefully lead to it becoming bigger and better.

I also have a decision or two to make regarding the future.  Scary.

Here's my training week:

Mon. Feb 13 - A.M. 3 miles in 26 min (8:39 pace).  It snowed nearly half a foot overnight, making for some trudging on the Greenbelt.  Slow going.

P.M. - 4 miles in 28 min (7:00 pace).  Greenbelt again, only the snow had been cleared.  That made for some quicker movement.  Core workout after.

Tues. Feb. 14 - A.M. 3 miles in 20 min (6:40 pace).  Quick morning run on the Greenbelt.

P.M. - 10 miles in 70 min (7:00 pace).  Tuesday Night Hills.  Spent my Valentine's Day evening running.  No better way to have spent it.  This was my best feeling and most productive hills workout in several weeks.  Warm-up from home to hospital, then six reps in 1:55, 1:56, 1:57, 1:57, 1:56, and hammered the last one in 1:46.  My main concentration was to get my rest time down a little.  For a workout like this, I've been taking too long of rests the last few weeks.  I made myself get down the hill tonight, taking 2:45 rests between reps.  Gotta work that O2 system!  Cool down home.

Wed. Feb. 15 - 4 miles in 29 min (7:09 pace).  Quick, relaxed run on the Greenbelt after work.  Nothing special.  Core workout after.

Thurs. Feb. 16 - 8 miles in 54 min (6:41 pace).  I went out at lunch on what turned into a sun-filled, somewhat warm (hey, I wore shorts!) day.  That vitamin D sure feels good!  I went out on my old West Laramie loop, and about four miles in I was feeling so good that I decided to kick the pace down for an impromptu tempo run.  Hit the next three miles in a little under 18 min (averaging a 5:53-5:54 mile pace), and then slowed down for one last mile before heading home.  Very nice run.

Fri. Feb. 17 - 7 miles in 48 min (6:52 pace).  I met El Jefe and Patrick for some early morning indoor track form workout fun!  2x form drills followed by 5x 2-lappers on the inside lane (160m) with one lap jog rest.  Averaged between 61-63 seconds on the two lap intervals with 50 seconds on the rest laps.  Felt pretty smooth and loose.  Cool down run home.

Sat. Feb. 18 - 6.5 miles in 45 min (6:55 pace).  I got over to Cheyenne about mid-day, and after having been put to work ripping up carpet from my parents' downstairs, I decided to get out for a few miles.  I wasn't excited about it, and I forced myself out the door, but once out and running, I felt pretty good.  Another case of being glad I made myself get outside and run.

Sun. Feb. 19 - 16 miles in 106 min (6:37 pace).  Sunday morning long run in Cheyenne.  Did my Mustang Ridge loop with some miles on the Greenway.  First nine miles or so are fairly rolling hilly.  Nice morning, no wind (what?!) and another fine run of feeling good.  Very productive.  Then I spent the rest of the day painting.  Now I am sore.

Next week:  The dreaded TWIN MOUNTAIN TRUDGE!!!!!!!

Totals:
Week's Miles: 62
Running Time: 7:05
Year to Date: 349 (42:14 running time)

Gear: Asics Sky Speed (114 miles) Saucony Peregrine (188 miles)

No comments:

Post a Comment