Thursday, February 9, 2012

Metallica - Hate Train

This week's song is from my favorite band.  Been a die hard fan since I first heard Enter Sandman as a little guy back in the early '90s.  This is a song from their latest 4-song EP consisting of songs "leftover" from Death Magnetic.  For the life of me, I can't figure out how this song was left off that album.

No one plays rhythm guitar like Hetfield.  Best right hand in metal, period.  That guy drives the train, and produces one amazing riff after another.

Lyrically, this song describes my week.  Been extremely frustrating and my anger has been close to the surface all week.  It's recently dawned on me that I may have some anger management issues.  I know the root cause of it.  Drama and craziness all wrapped up into one package.  A package I didn't order and have absolutely no use for.  A package that needs to just go away.


No comments:

Post a Comment