Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Week Ending June 12

Mon. June 6 - Day off.  Still sore from Pilot Hill.

Tues. June 7 - Didn't run for some reason.

Wed. June 8 - 8 miles in 59 min (7:25 pace).  I was still a little stiff and sore from Pilot Hill.  I went out into the prairie, east on the single track and then came back into town on the Old Quarry road.  Loosened up pretty well by the end.

Thurs. June 9 - 8.5 miles in 65 min (7:38 pace).  Another run out in the prairie.  There were threatening clouds in the sky, but they cleared up for the hour or so I was out running.  I ran out to the fence line and came back in on the single track.

Fri. June 10 - 11 miles in 90 min (8:10 pace).  I went up to run the Trudge loop with Jeff, Patrick, and Josh in the afternoon.  From the start I didn't feel very good; very sluggish and crampy.  I'm not used to running at three in the afternoon anymore, and it hurt.  By the time we got around to Devil's Loop and started up Skeleton Trail, I was done.  I lost all ability to run uphill.  Every time I started to push off with my calves, they cramped and burned like I was in major oxygen debt.  This was my first real run up on the trails of the year, and the 1500ft. elevation difference was definitely felt.  So, I fell apart and just walked climbs and jogged the rest of it.  There is something about that loop that makes me its bitch.  Bad day at the office...

Sat. June 11 - Didn't run.  I didn't feel good all day.  Think I was still reeling from the previous day's run.

Sun. June 12 - 11 miles in 87 min (7:54 pace).  I decided to give the trails another try.  I went up to Tie City with Dr. Dan where we met Chris Schabron for the first running of the Silent Trails course this year.  I felt 100% better on the trails than I did on Friday.  We took it easy down Pole Creek, and even the Bitch didn't suck too bad.  Made the climb in 13:47, which isn't too dang bad for the first foray of the year.  Felt strong on the second half, especially up the backside of Headquarters where I usually struggle.  It was a beautiful morning on a beautiful trail with great running company.  Nice to get a little group of Hungry Dogs together for some training!

Totals:
Week's Mileage: 39
Running Time: 5:01

June's Miles: 75
Year to Date: 579

Gear: Asics Speedstar 4 (400 miles) New Balance Trail 100 (270 miles)

No comments:

Post a Comment