Monday, April 2, 2012

Week Ending April 1 - Attempting to Get Back on the Horse

March ended up being pretty much a wash training wise thanks to the issues I let control my life the last few weeks.  This past week I felt like I am starting to get things back under control.  I'm still not right, but I am feeling significantly better than I was just a few weeks ago.  I'm really going to try to keep that going.  This week, running felt good and was fun.  I certainly could use more of that, especially since I need to step things up.


It's snowing again in Laramie today, reminding me of what spring is actually like here in the high basin.  Those weeks of 60-70 degree days were, in a word, abnormal.  This is more like it.  Let's go with it.


Tues. March 27 - A.M. 3 miles in 19 min (6:26 pace).  Quick morning run on the Greenbelt.


P.M. - 7 miles in 45 min (6:25 pace).  Tuesday Night Tempo.  Yes, the hills have been replaced by tempo.  I met El Jefe at Washington Park after a two mile warm-up and decided we would hit a three-mile tempo.  We took off toward LaPrele and made a loop out around Corthell.  I surprisingly felt pretty darn good, so I kicked the pace down for a lap around the park to finish.  I hit a 3.25 mile tempo in 18:33 (5:42/mile pace).  I'll take it.  It felt very relaxed and dare I say easy.  I ran two miles home for a cool down.


Wed. March 28 - Noon - 3 miles in 19 min (6:26 pace).  Lunch run to go with this evening's Pub Run.  I was going to go longer, but felt a little unambitious after my three-mile loop and went home.


P.M. - 6 miles in 47 min (7:49 pace).  PUB RUN!  Started at Front Street, then ran to Bailey's, back to the Alibi, then over the bridge for our obligatory Pabst at Bud's, then back over to Altitude for dinner.  I got a little toasty on this one and didn't feel super the next day. That's the risk you take with the Pub Run.


Thurs. March 29 - 7.5 miles in 60 min (8:00 pace).  I grabbed my microspikes (one of my favorite pieces of gear ever!) and drove up the hill to get in some post-work trail miles and do a little trail conditions recon.  What I found was quite a bit less snow than two weeks ago.  Headquarters and Brown's were pretty runnable, with the connector between Brown's and Summit not so runnable.  Still doing a little post-holing, but clear trails, if the weather keeps up, are a mere few weeks away.  Awesome!


Fri. March 30 - 5.5 miles in 38 pace (6:54 pace).  Friday form work with El Jefe at the Fieldhouse.  2x form drills with 5x2-lappers (360m) in 69-71 sec with one-lap jog rest in 60 sec.  I hit the last 2-lapper in 59 sec just to blow out the tubes a little.  Felt good.


Sat. March 31 - 18 miles in 2:15 (7:30 pace).  Colina de Pilota long run.  El Jefe, Brian and I made a foray up and down at a pretty dang good pace.  Brian and I ran the damn thing faster (~1:55 pace) than I raced it last year (1:59).  I felt surprisingly good since I hadn't done a long run in weeks.  Great and productive run.


___________________________________________________
January Miles: 205 (25:42 running time)
February Miles: 190 (22:28 running time)
March Miles: 133 (18:49 running time)


Total: 528 (56:59 running time)
___________________________________________________


Sun. April 1 - 9 miles in 59 min (6:29 pace).  Western Hills + Lions and Frontier Parks loop, Cheyenne.  Beautiful day in Cheyenne, so I ran an old favorite.  Felt fast and loose considering the long run yesterday.  Awesome!


Totals:
Week's Miles: 59
Running Time: 7:01
Year to Date: 537 (57:58 running time)


Gear: Asics Sky Speed (216 miles) Saucony Peregrine (261 miles) New Balance 101 (191 miles)

No comments:

Post a Comment