Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Off to Oregon!

I never summarized this year's edition of Silent Trails.  I do not intend to do so now.  I am not sure if I will at all.  In lieu of a write-up, here are a couple of pictures from the race, taken once again by the wonderful Wendy Perkins.  As has become the new normal, we were fortunate enough to once again run this race during the first snowfall of the season.  And as is also the custom, by mid-afternoon, it had all melted off thanks to the mid-50 degree temps.

Perfect conditions for a 10M trail race.

Big guns.  L to R: Ted, me, Jay, Gabe (behind Jay), Jason, Nik.  Behind Nik are Nick Clark and the bastard Horsecow.

6th.
In reference to the title of this post, Elizabeth and I are off to Oregon tonight.  We have a late flight out of Denver to Portland.  She is going to spend the next few days showing me around her home.  Oh, and I get to see the Waldrons, who are now residents of Portlandia.  I'm looking forward to it.

When I'm back, I'm going to sit down and attempt to articulate what it is I plan to do regarding this whole "running" thing.  I have been contemplating that heavily lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment