Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Adventuring

I've been trying to just be outside, out-and-a-bout, on the move, etc.  This summer, be it the heat, lack of rain, fire everywhere, smoke inhalation, whatever, is making me itch to go places, see things, drink beers in awesome locales, climb mountains, run trails, crash my bicicleta, get sunburned, bug bit, not shower for days on end, be a dirtbag, not wear shoes, take gigs worth of photos, write again, read in the shade, be inspired by others, love a woman, camp, drive across the country, breathe air, be happy.  Lot of hippie drivel, but my mind is wandering and lusting and running a thousand miles an hour.  There is all this before me, why not partake?


With that, I'm shifting away from the basics of outlined training since it's not something I find particularly interesting or satisfying at the moment, and moving more toward being outside with a little bit of focus.  I'll continue to keep track of general mileage since my compulsive side finds that hard to let go, but I'm not going to concern myself with specified training for this or that.  I just want to be outside, running, hiking, climbing, biking, what have you.  


With that, here are some pictures from recent good times.  I've been through four states (WY, CO, UT, AZ), two national parks (Grand Canyon and Zion), several national forests (Roosevelt, Medicine Bow-Routt, Arapaho, White River, Manti-La Sal, Fishlake, and Kaibab) seen great friends get married, enjoyed the company of old friends and new friends, been developing a great relationship, and am planning and looking forward to other adventures the rest of the summer and year.  If the world doesn't completely incinerate.


Rawah Wilderness, Colorado.
Blue Lake, Rawah Wilderness.
Awesome hiking buddy.
Laramie River, Rawah Wilderness.  Photo by Elizabeth Spaulding.
Unaweep Canyon and the Dolores River, Colorado.
Monument Valley, UT/AZ.
Marble Canyon and the Colorado River.
Colorado River.

Camping in the Manti-La Sal Forest, UT.
La Sal Range.
Grand Canyon, North Rim.
Gabe and Lunde enjoying the view.
Messing with Lunde.  Photo by Tanya Musgrave Kelley.
Grand Canyon from Cape Royal.

Wyoming alumni (L to R) Scott, Jacob, Gabe, Ryan J., Bret, Ryan L., me, Tami .  Photo by Tanya Musgrave Kelley.
Bret, me, Lunde.  Photo by Tanya Musgrave Kelley.
The Waldrons, Jannel and Bret.  Photo by Tanya Musgrave Kelley.
Gabe and I recreate Forrest Gump.  Photo by Ryan Lunde.

No comments:

Post a Comment