Sunday, December 18, 2011

Week Ending Dec. 18 and the New Mexico Bowl

I had a short and busy week.  The first half provided me with some decent, though short, runs, and the latter half saw me get zero runs.  That's what happens when you spend 16-17 hours in the car during a 40 hour period.  My dad and I road tripped down to Albuquerque to watch the Pokes take on Temple in the New Mexico Bowl on Saturday.  Unfortunately, the only people from Wyoming that showed up were the fans.  The football team did a good job of not doing anything well.  A 37-15 defeat after what was the best season the Pokes have had in over a decade was a let down, but I suppose that this was a team that was a little ahead of schedule, is young, and will hopefully continue to improve on the strides made this season.  And regardless of the outcome, it was really fun to do something silly like drive all that way to spend about 24 hours in Albuquerque, watch a football game, and head home.

Other things are going well.  I'm excited about prospects in life.  I think everything will be gravy.  Finally.

Mon. Dec. 12 - 4 miles in 31 min (7:45 pace).  I was pretty whooped after my tough weekend.  Run in the dark on the Greenbelt after work just to get something in.

Tues. Dec. 13 - A.M. 3 miles in 22 min (7:19 pace).  Quick morning to complement my planned snowshoe run up at Happy Jack after work.

P.M. - 5 miles in 65 min (13:00).  Rachel and I went up to the trails for some early evening fun.  She skied while I snowshoed.  It was an absolutely perfect night weather-wise.  No wind, fairly warm ambient temps, and just enough moon to negate the need for a headlamp.  Beautiful evening.  Had I had my camping gear in the truck, I may very well have stayed out there that night.

Wed. Dec. 14 - 4 miles in 26:55 (6:43 pace).  I got out after work for a quick run on the Greenbelt.  I was feeling pretty good, so I dropped the pace a little.

After that, I didn't run again.  Thursday was spent working, doing laundry, and packing for the trip.  I left Laramie a little after 6am Friday, met up with my dad in Cheyenne, and hopped in his truck for the haul down to Albuquerque.  We got there at around 3:30pm, picked up our tickets, checked into the motel, and grabbed some dinner.  Game started at noon Saturday, we got out of Albuquerque around 3:30, and made it back to Cheyenne at midnight on the dot.  Very quick trip.  I spent today sleeping in, eating a huge breakfast, attempting to finish off my Christmas shopping (I failed), and then watched all the football teams I follow lose (first the Pokes, then the Packers, Vikings, and now the Broncos, who are in the process of losing).  Oh well.  I'll get back on the horse this week before I eat too much over Christmas.  Ah, the holidays!

Tailgating before the game.  Crowd was predominately Brown & Gold.
The Pokes warm up.  This was the best they looked all afternoon.
University Stadium, University of New Mexico.
The Pokes come out to the field.  And then disappeared.
Totals:
Week's Miles: 16
Running Time: 2:24
Year to Date: 1521

No comments:

Post a Comment