Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Week Ending Nov. 13

Surprise!  Another sub-par week thanks to my laziness.  I have been on edge the last week or so; I have no patience (even less than usual) and am quick to get frustrated and lose my temper.  I have also been extremely tired thanks to a couple of late nights and this strange ability to not get completely rested off nine or ten hours of sleep.  The majority of the weekend found me on my couch, shivering and feeling terrible.  I have felt better so far this week, but I was out of it Sunday.

The famous Wyoming wind made a return this weekend, and with a vengeance.  It has been howling for four straight days, and I mean howling.  Everything outside my house has been blown over, to include garbage cans, my grill, and all my weighted down patio furniture.  The windows in my old house are terrible and they provide little in the way of a barrier between inside and the cold.  I have a feeling I am not going to enjoy my gas bill next month.

My objective this week is to relax a little, run a little more, pray the wind calms down (seriously, I'm talking gusts up to 90mph), and really get into my thesis.  Yes, I have done the impossible; I actually started the damn thing.

Mon. Nov. 7 - 4 miles in 30 min (7:30 pace).  Quick run after work just to get something done.  Followed it with a lengthy core routine.

Tues. Nov. 8 - 6.5 miles in 47 min (7:10 pace).  A little "North Laramie" loop on a brisk morning.  I have been enjoying the time change that is bringing me sunlight at 6:30am.

Wed. Nov. 9 - 8 miles in 56 min (7:00 pace).  Another brisk morning, but things were clicking well.  First run that I have felt good on in over a week.

Fri. Nov. 11 - 6.5 miles in 44 min (6:46 pace).  One of those runs where I had no motivation, but forced myself outside, and then it turned into a great run.  I really like it when that happens.  20 minutes in I was feeling so good that I kicked the pace down to 6-flat or better for a couple of miles.  Impromptu tempo run...nice!

Sat. Nov. 12 - 11 miles in 108 min (9:49 pace).  WARTs run around Turtle Rock at Vedauwoo.  First day of the voracious winds.  In the trees on the trail the wind wasn't too bad, but up on top it was ridiculous.  I did three loops around Turtle Rock with Alec, Daniel, and Rachel.  Really good time.  Potluck that night was delicious.

Too bad I spent the rest of the weekend on my butt feeling miserable.  But, if nothing else, I got up Saturday and got in the long run.  The same can't be said for Horsecow, who was "incapacitated."  Hope his "Beat Ragan at Pilot Hill 2012" training is going well.  He's going to need it.  HA!

Totals:
Week's Miles: 36
Running Time: 4:45
November's Miles: 65
Year to Date: 1378

Gear: Asics SpeedStar 5 (299 miles) Saucony Peregrine (53 miles)

No comments:

Post a Comment