Monday, August 1, 2011

Week Ending July 31

Another not so successful week.  I was really burned out by the end of it.  Seems the stress of all the other things in my life (latest addition to the list is a pick-up that is having mechanical issues) has caught up to me.  Last couple of runs this week were not great; I was very tired and sluggish.  Anyway, here's what I did.

Wed. July 27 - 8 miles in 64 min (8 min pace).  I went for a lunch time run in the prairie in Laramie.  It felt okay.  It was pretty hot for Laramie standards (the heat would be an issue for me all week) and I took it easy pace-wise.

Thurs. July 28 - 7.5 miles in 53 min (7:03 pace).  I decided it was time to return to the track, and in keeping with my desire to run a sub-five mile by the end of the summer, I figured a 400m interval workout was in order.  I wanted to start conservatively and build into it, reaching five-minute pace or faster toward the end of the workout.  I did 12x400m with 200m jog rest (those were between 60-70sec.).  Here's the splits: 76.6, 80.8, 80.8, 80.5 (5:17.7), 81.5, 80.4, 77.4, 79.6 (5:18.9), 76.6, 76.7, 75.6, 72.3 (5:01.2).  I was happy that I was around five-flat pace on the last set of four.  All in all, I felt it was a good workout.

Fri. July 29 - 9 miles in 71 min (7:53 pace).  I wanted to run the Silent Trails course, so I hit the trails after work to do just that.  Again, it was pretty damn hot, and again I did not handle it well.  I got half-way up the Bitch when I decided I just didn't have the entire loop in my legs.  Instead of heading out Browns Landing and Headquarters, I just came in on Summit.  Guess something is better than nothing.

Sat. July 30 - 7 miles in 56 min (8:08 pace).  After lazing around the house in the morning when it was cool, I, for some really stupid reason, decided to head out into the Cheyenne mid-day heat.  It was 90 degrees when I started the run, and I would venture a guess that the temps on the road were triple digits.  It was way too hot, and I paid for it.  I ran my old Mustang Ridge route in north Cheyenne (an old favorite from high school) and made it half-way around before I had to stop and try to cool-down for a minute.  I would stop and walk several more times on this run.  I didn't run Sunday because I was still messed up from that heat.

Totals:
Week's Miles: 32
Running Time: 4:06

July's Miles: 135
Year to Date: 820

Gear: Asics Speedstar 5 (32 miles) New Balance Trail 100 (415 miles)

No comments:

Post a Comment