Thursday, January 19, 2012

Mastodon - The Sparrow

This week's song is from another of my absolute favorite bands, Mastodon.  I've admired this band and their phenomenal musicianship for years now.  I listen to their songs and simply wonder, "how the hell did they think of that riff?"  Anyway, this is the last song on their latest album, The Hunter, and it is predominately an instrumental with a four-word lyrical refrain, "Pursue happiness with diligence."  I've had those words floating around in my head for some time now...and I find they accurately describe my attitude toward life at the moment.  I spent the last couple of years concerned with the happiness of others at the detriment of my own.  I've earned the right to be a little selfish, and to pursue my own happiness with diligence.

No comments:

Post a Comment