Monday, March 7, 2011

Week Ending March 6

Mon. February 28 - 6 miles in 47 min (7:49/M pace).  Met Jeff at lunch for a run on the north end of the Laramie Greenbelt.  I had only run twice the previous week (for a grand total of 10 miles) and generally felt like 10 pounds of poo in a five pound bag.  Never loosened up, never caught a groove, and struggled all the way home.

Tues. March 1 - 7 miles in 52 min (7:25/M pace).  Met Brian and Sam at 6am at half acre for the north loop.  Brian switched the route up a little to add a couple more hills.  Poor Sam fell off with some sore and cramping calves.  I felt pretty decent for most of the run until the last mile stretch down Garfield.  That was a struggle!

Wed. March 2 - Mandatory day off.  To explain; I was consulting some of my old running logs from college and I realized that even during the XC season, Coach Sanchez had us taking one day off a week.  I also recall not being injured and also being tapered nicely at the end of the season.  So, right now, mandatory days off are back.  First, I need to ease back into running full time since I have been the definition of inconsistent for going on four years.  And, I figure it worked well once, it could work well again.  These days off will either be Monday or Wednesday.

Thurs. March 3 - Non-mandatory day off.  Some proclivities from Wednesday evening left me feeling like crap in the morning.  Altitude beer is evil.  There is something wrong with it.  I had one and it wrecked me.  Anyway, if I were a real dedicated individual, I would have still gone out for a few miles.  I need to stop being such a candy-ass.

Fri. March 4 - 3 miles.  Form workout with Sanchez at the fieldhouse.  This was week four of our work with Coach.  Things are going very well.  It's great to work with Coach again, picking his brain, learning some things, and getting the coaching and opinions that I've been missing since college.  We've been doing form drills (high knees, butt kicks, etc.) followed by  6 x one lappers with half-lap rests.  All of these are done with PVC batons in hand in order to focus on moving our arms and keeping our form.  We jogged the rest and timed the intervals so that next week we can run everything with a time to hit.  These workouts keep me sane.

Sat. March 5 - 10 miles in 75 min (7:30/M pace).  Went south to Spring Creek, out to the prairie, through Indian Hills, up onto the north ridge, and home on 9th street.  Felt great from start to finish.  It is the rebirth of the weekend long run.  I figure if I'm going to be running 25K/50K races, I should probably start running some miles.

Sun. March 6 - 4 miles in 32 min (8:00/M pace).  Quick, easy run to loosen up a bit.  I was pretty sore from Saturday's run.  

Weekly Totals
Miles: 30
Running Time: 3hrs 46min
Calories burned: ~3,521

Current shoes: Asics Speedstar 4

No comments:

Post a Comment